Why do most commercial establishments need fully stocked Norovirus Clean Up Kits?
It’s impossible to predict or prevent contamination events involving vomit or diarrhea in restaurants, schools, campuses or other environments. The only way to be prepared is to have an established plan in place which includes easy access to fully stocked Norovirus Clean up Kits. Your teams must be ready when and if such incidents occur. Contamination events involving vomit or fecal matter don’t give provide us advance warnings. Your only option is to be ready.
If a worker or customer has vomitted or contaminated a surface with body fluid, cleaning by special procedures using a special disinfectant is required. Noroviruses are a group of viruses that cause gastroenteritis (also called “stomach flu”). Gastroenteristis is an inflammation of the lining of the stomach and intestines, which can cause violent onset of severe vomiting and diarrhea. Projectiles can contaminate an area as wide as 25 foot radius. Incidents involving vomit and diarrhea should be taken seriously because they represent a high risk for the spread of contagious pathogens such as norovirus. All contamination incidents involving vomit and/or diarrhea should be treated as if norovirus is present.
- Be ready to respond before contamination events before they occur
- Contaminated surfaces can cause new infections to occur for several weeks if not disinfected
- Particles can travel as far as 25 feet
- All body fluids (vomit, diarrhea, blood, etc.) should be treated as infectious material
- Norovirus is highly contagious and spreads very quickly
- The Norovirus Kit contains the correct supplies to protect you from illness and throoughly disinfect an area contaminated by body fluids
- The entire room or area requires cleaning and disinfection before it can be used again
|Ex. Facility Types||Contaminated Surfaces|
|Restaurants||tables, chairs, bathrooms, dining rooms and other common areas|
|Schools||classrooms, bathrooms, cafeterias, common areas|
|Cruise Ship||dining rooms and cafeterias, restaurants, public areas, bathrooms|
|Airplanes, Buses, Trains||seats, bathrooms, aisles|
|Taxi Cabs||seats, door handles|
|Dormitories||residential areas, common areas, bathrooms, showers, meeting rooms|
|Prisons||cafeterias, residential areas, bathrooms, hallways|